• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bday dinner

Tracey868

OK what you to waver in. My wife loves this board so jumped on her laptop to ask a question.. Where to take her.. She has been to Blu, Osteria, Facsino ( wasnt my fav)and others in Montclair area.

I would like a rec. of any other BYOB's in area. We are from Wayne so anything around the area would be great. She has talked about a place in Caldwell and the Garlic Rose.. Not sure.

I have not been to Blu yet so not sure how good.

Would like to surprise her

Anyway, Thanks for your help

Mark

Edited by Tracey868 (log)

I haven't been personally, but I've been told by others in Essex county that this resto is "worth a journey" and meets up with my standards for restaurant M.O.

A chef-owner run place, accent on creativity and attention to detail and customer satisfaction. Of the New American ilk. Not talked about much here on Eg, but certainly sounds good from the recs I've gotten and their website is very inviting. Shouldn't be very far from Wayne and would surely make for a great surprise meal.

Restaurant Serenade Website

I'm betting that the place in Caldwell is Trattoria Fresco (click on the name and you'll go to the thread about it)...

it's BYO and as you'll see, lots of us on this board enjoy it.

Personally, I'd pick Blu, but if you're looking for a new experience, a lot of folks also like Epernay in Montclair (french). There's also Highlawn Pavillion in West Orange...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."