• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mac and Cheese attack

janevm

Diner makes a pretty good one, but the FOH can be a lottery and you might as well stick your time piece up your Oklahoma. Just the other night I was cuddled close by the cheese tortellini with blue cheese cream at Whineo's. Better than not bad at all.

Edited by Andrew Morrison (log)

Andrew Morrison

Food Columnist | The Westender

Editor & Publisher | Scout Magazine

The Templeton, 1087 Granville:

"3 Cheese Organic Macaroni

aged white cheddar, gorgonzola, Italian parmesan, topped

with fresh tomato salsa, side organic mixed greens - 10"

Hong Kong Dave

O que nao mata engorda.

The Templeton, 1087 Granville:

"3 Cheese Organic Macaroni

aged white cheddar, gorgonzola, Italian parmesan, topped

with fresh tomato salsa, side organic mixed greens - 10"

Dave...you are so Hong Kong; Good bye.

Edit: not Long Dong.

Edited by Chef Fowke (log)

Chef/Owner/Teacher

By Mac and Cheese - I'm assuming you're referring to a McDonald's location? :cool:

Ríate y el mundo ríe contigo. Ronques y duermes solito.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Snore, and you sleep alone.

• 3 weeks later...
By Mac and Cheese - I'm assuming you're referring to a McDonald's location? :cool:

Is that a joke?

Yes - it is a joke! :biggrin:

I believe Angela Murrills wrote about the mac & cheese at Diner in Yatetown some time back.

Since our cunning Ling sends regular reports from the emerald city - here's where you can go in Seattle when your next Mac and Cheese attack strikes.

Memo, always a little cheesy

Ríate y el mundo ríe contigo. Ronques y duermes solito.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Snore, and you sleep alone.

Mac and cheese isn't something I order very often, because I prefer to make my own with sharper cheeses and with some blue cheese. I clicked on the link Memo provided, and I can say The Kingfish is hugely popular, and the food is supposed to be excellent. Long waits, though.

The mac and cheese at Marjorie (also in Seattle) is also pretty good. It's very creamy and the flavour is pretty mild (if you like that.)

I've only had the mac and cheese at Cru once, but it wasn't for me. The short rib it comes with is pretty tasty, though.

Edited by Ling (log)

Okay, it's not in town, but surely the best mac and cheese has to be that which is named after Thomas Keller? Mizuma's (in Denver) Frank Bonano created such a dish:

TK’ S Macaroni & Cheese

Poached Maine Lobster, Mascarpone Enriched Elbow Pasta $16

Link

Does anyone know where to get the best Mac and Cheese in town? Feenie's comes to mind...anywhere else?

Folks .. in town means Vancouver. Let's keep Seattle recommendations (and Colorado!) in their respective forums.

Thanks!

The Kingfish is hugely popular, and the food is supposed to be excellent. Long waits, though.

I heard the raves about this place too. I still havn't been patient enough to get in.

The Mac n Cheese at Diner is pretty good, but I wouldn't say it's the best in the city.

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello