• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Roxanne's Pizza

Kobi

Had a great meal at Roxanne's in Mahwah tonight (to be technical about it we brought the pizza back home).

Located at 150 Franklin Tpk, 201-529-0007, Roxanne's is a brick-oven pizza place with a large menu of pasta and salad dishes. We had a large pizza with half meatball, which was truly enjoyable. Total was 14 dollars and change, a little pricey, but certainly worth it. The menu can be found at the link below, although they don't seem to have their own website. The pizza was much more flavorful than some in the area, and I would put it on par with many places I have sampled in NYC.

Be forewarned that there was a 20 or so minute wait when I picked up my pizza for those looking to dine-in (on a Sunday night at 630 or so).

Roxanne's

- KOBI

roxanne's has a brick-style oven, fired with gas. thin-ish crust.

their pizzas are ok, but not as interesting as Brooklyn's Pizza, in ridgewood and hackesack (and edgewater).

i think they're somehow related to the Mason Jar, but i could be talking out of my ass. i seem to recall that they're related to *some* local restaurant. might not be the Mason Jar, though. although it should be, because they are very similar.

they get a good bar crowd, they're family-friendly, and the servers are generally pleasant.

overall a decent local place, but not a destination in my opinion.

Edited by tommy (log)

I wasn't aware there was another reason to go to Mahwah for pizza other than for Kinchley's.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Mangia,

The menu is on the link I provided. 

I can't vouch for anything besides the pizza, sorry.  Hope your friends enjoy it, though.

- KOBI

I had lunch there a few weeks ago and had a great panini. Although I miss the old Nobody's Inn in all its smokey oldfashioned glory(okay, the food wasn't great , but it was fun), the new place has a nice atmosphere. The service was good but the place was pretty empty as we got around to lunch at about 3pm. I passed by the other day and saw that the terrace outside is open. Friends have told me this is a nice place for drinks. Am planning on trying it for dinner.

Dana

roxanne's has a brick-style oven, fired with gas.  thin-ish crust.

their pizzas are ok, but not as interesting as Brooklyn's Pizza, in ridgewood and hackesack (and edgewater).

i think they're somehow related to the Mason Jar, but i could be talking out of my ass.  i seem to recall that they're related to *some* local restaurant.  might not be the Mason Jar, though.  although it should be, because they are very similar.

they get a good bar crowd, they're family-friendly, and the servers are generally pleasant.

overall a decent local place, but not a destination in my opinion.

For some great true brick oven pizza, try Brick's in Wyckoff or Montclair, or Aldo's in Glen Rock (this location used to be a Brick's, but the guy there now makes the exact same pizza as Brick's.) It's the best pizza in Bergen County. Brooklyn Pizza is also very good, but different. Plus, it's always such a pain dealing with the parking in Ridgewood. Nice place if you can find a spot though.

For some great true brick oven pizza, try Brick's in Wyckoff or Montclair, or Aldo's in Glen Rock (this location used to be a Brick's, but the guy there now makes the exact same pizza as Brick's.)

agreed. Aldo's has artichokes as well, which is a big plus in my book.

i think they're somehow related to the Mason Jar, but i could be talking out of my ass.  i seem to recall that they're related to *some* local restaurant.  might not be the Mason Jar, though.  although it should be, because they are very similar.

confirmed: talked out of my ass.

roxanne's may, however, be owned by the same people/person who owns Varka in Ramsey. Varka, is very good.