• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Fudge Shop

Randi

Around Christmas a coworker got a nifty gift basket with various chocolates and other types of candy. He shared with some of us, and when I tasted the assorted chocolates I was in awe!

The card on the basket said "The Fudge Shop" in Flemington. Another coworker went on and on about how amazing the place is.

I googled and found a very positive reference or two, but no website.

Has anyone here ever been? I am going to check them out soon!

The Fudge Shop

461 US Hwy 202

Flemington, NJ

(908) 782-7123

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

They are a fairly typical candy store, they have a little area where you "can watch fudge being made". I've only had a small sampling of thier stuff, and was not impressed, the chocolate was very "milky" to me and the fudge was good, same as the shops at the Jersey Shore in my opinion... but if you go, please update us!

The milk chocolate covered fresh fruits (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.) rock. As Kim points out, most of the merchandise is typical of a chocolates type candy store, but those chocolate covered fruits are the real stand out. And, if you like biblical discourse with your chocolates, there always seems to be a bible/preacher radio station turned on and various religious writings to take with you free of charge by the check out counter. A strange combination of religion and chocolate wrapped up in one package.

They are a fairly typical candy store, they have a little area where you "can watch fudge being made".  I've only had a small sampling of thier stuff, and was not impressed,  the chocolate was very "milky" to me and the fudge was good, same as the shops at the Jersey Shore in my opinion... but if you go, please update us!

There were some items in the basket that did seem pretty ordinary - i.e. malted milk balls, chocolate covered toffee, etc. But there was a small box of handmade chocolates that were outstanding - especially the dark chocolate.

When I go, I will probably not bother with the fudge (not a big fudge fan). But I want to see if those chocolates happened to catch me on a good day, or what!

I'll be sure to report back.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

The milk chocolate covered fresh fruits (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.) rock.  As Kim points out, most of the merchandise is typical of a chocolates type candy store, but those chocolate covered fruits are the real stand out.  And, if you like biblical discourse with your chocolates, there always seems to be a bible/preacher radio station turned on and various religious writings to take with you free of charge by the check out counter.  A strange combination of religion and chocolate wrapped up in one package.

Oy!

I am not a sweets eater, so have not gone. HOWEVER, around Valentines Day and Easter, the place is packed!!! Rte 202 is backed up, with people trying to get into the parking lot. (Especially after work!)

Regards,

Barb