• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good 'za around Southampton/Warminster?

They have sit-down as well as take-out. It is always good. I was there tonight for their gnocchi bolognese. The gourmet pizza is the way to go.

Village Shire Shopping center

Buck Road Holland, Pa 18966/ 215-860-2747

Avalon Cafe in Newtown, Pa also has good pizza.

<span style='color:red'><i>Todd Lean

Email me

They have sit-down as well as take-out. It is always good. I was there tonight for their gnocchi bolognese. The gourmet pizza is the way to go.

Hate to break it to you but Aldo's just might have the worse pizza on the planet. I live in Stoney Ford Estates and can see the restaurant from here.

Avalon Cafe is better but still not good. Fact is there is no good pizza around here, we go to Trenton or make our own.

Hate to break it to you but Aldo's just might have the worse pizza on the planet. I live in Stoney Ford Estates and can see the restaurant from here.

Avalon Cafe is better but still not good. Fact is there is no good pizza around here, we go to Trenton or make our own.

I think we are talking about two different places. Aldo's Pizzarama is next to George Washington High School on Bustleton Ave. It is not in a class of DeLorenzo's or Tac's or even the best in the city, but it is widely held as "damn good 'za".

It was converted in the late 70's from a Hardee's and has ample sit-down space.

I belch, therefore, I ate...

I think we are talking about two different places. Aldo's Pizzarama is next to George Washington High School on Bustleton Ave. It is not in a class of DeLorenzo's or Tac's or even the best in the city, but it is widely held as "damn good 'za".

It was converted in the late 70's from a Hardee's and has ample sit-down space.

I was responding to lamando's post about Aldo's in Vilage Shire Shopping Center not the one on Bustleton Ave. I've not been to that one so can't comment.

My daughter used to work at the one in Village Shires and wouldn't even take advantage of free pizza at the end of the night, that's how bad it is.

Title says it all. I've been to Maggio's. It was "okay." Pizza at Scoogi's in Flourtown is supposedly excellent, but a bit away for my purposes. Suggestions?

C'mon, clubbers, a little help here.

Maggio's is amazing. I worked in the area back when I was just an acne faced pup and all the fat guys at my office in Mason's Mills Park loved it. Good sauce but I never understood their infatuation with it. Twenty years later those fatsos at said office are still keeping them in business.

They were only "okay" then too.

Nobody eats at that restaurant anymore. It's always too crowded.

---Yogi Berra

If I recall correctly, Maggio's is the sole descendent of Piasan's which was on the corner of Verree Road and Bustleton Avenue back in the 1960's to the early 1980's. Piasan's begat Piccolo's on Red Lion Road, home of the "Steak in a Pouch" and continued Piasan's tradition of the swirl of red sauce over the cheese, which you now find at Maggio's along with the steak in a pouch. Many old-school Northeast Philly folk have a fond memory and nostalgic tastebud for Maggio's due to the lineage.

Piccolo's was owned and operated by Dan Nejberger. Dan and his son are partners of Carambola Restaurant in Dresher, Pa. I opened the restaurant with them 9 years ago, The owner of Maggio's and many others worked for Danny at Piccolos. Everything on the menu from pizza's to ribs he took those recipes from piccolos.

Email me

Piccolo's was owned and operated by Dan Nejberger. Dan and his son are partners of  Carambola Restaurant in Dresher, Pa. I opened the restaurant with them 9 years ago, The owner of Maggio's and many others worked for Danny at Piccolos. Everything on the menu from pizza's to ribs he took those recipes from piccolos.

Interesting news! Does the pizza at Carambola have any similarities to Piasan's?

There are only four or five, which are more on the gourmet side. When they opened the restaurant, Danny flew to Texas to purchase this massive charcoal grill. The pizzas are grilled not baked. They are very good, but they need to be eaten right away. the web-site is listed below.

www.carambolabyo.com

Email me