• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An overabundance of dill pickles

LaurieB

I love dill pickles and never thought there could be such a thing as too many. But I now have a HUGE container of them in my fridge.

Any creative relishes, etc. out there?

Thanks --

Laurie

You won't use them up very fast this way, but diced up finely they really perk up any beef dish, especially pot roasts or hearty stews. I never tried putting them in whole, but you might give that a try?

SB (did anybody ever freeze a pickle on a stick?) :wacko:

Ditto on the deep frying.

Messes of tarter sauce.

Chicken salad.

Dish pickle relish for hotdogs and sausages.

Eating pizza with a fork and knife is like making love through an interpreter.

Mix chopped dill pickles, crumbled cooked bacon, fresh dill and sliced egg into Dilled Potato Salad

Sliced dill pickles add zing and texture to Creamy Potato Pickle Soup, a combination of potatoes, zucchini, broccoli and onion, all blended in the food processor with chicken stock.

New Orleans Muffaletta ... Stuff a sesame round loaf or focaccia with Italian meats, cheeses and a chopped mixture of dill pickles, pickled pepperoncini and olives. Lace with a garlicky vinaigrette dressing.

Salsa Cruda: Combine red pepper, tomatoes, onion, dill pickles and pickled jalapeño peppers in bowl of a food processor and pulse until vegetables are chopped into small pieces. Mix in a zesty blend of cilantro, lime juice, cumin and whole kernel corn.

ilovepickles.com

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

url=http://ilovepickles.org/articles/addpickles.html]ilovepickles.com

Nope. No Frozen-on-a-Stick Pickles to be found. :sad:

SB (will have to try it) :hmmm:

PS: But the Chocolate Sauerkraut Cake looked good :raz:

Edited by srhcb (log)

Make some homemade dill pickle dip.? Finely dice 3 or 4 pickles, depending on size. Soften a block of cream cheese or use the stuff in the tub and add enough sour cream for a dippable consistency. Stir in the pickles and refrigerate for an hour to meld the flavours. Taste and adjust the amount of pickles after this if you feel it's needed. You can also add some garlic if you like.

Get some nice thick potato chips and enjoy!

I don't mind the rat race, but I'd like more cheese.