• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anything like Saint's Alp Teahouse but in North NJ

lutefisk

Howdy,

I've recently been to a place called Saint's Alp Teahouse the East Village, NYC a couple times. They have a whole bunch of tea drinks and yakitori snacks, but I've only had the iced green teas with fruit juce -- once with mango and once with passion fruit. So good, and now I'm craving them all the time...but I live in Fort Lee.

So, does anyone know a place like that around here? Seems like there must be!

Here Saint's Alp's website: http://www.saints-alp.com.hk/index.html

Thanks!

It is a bit of a schlep from Fort Lee, but Kam Man Food on Route 10 in East Hanover sells a variety of flavored teas, including bubble teas (with the chewy tapioca balls inside - yum!)

I'm sure there must be somewhere a bit closer to you though - anyone else know?

Edited by jb_973 (log)

Picnic, Parisienne & Gateaux on Main in Fort Lee have limited selections of bubble tea. Gateaux is also in Closter and a few other towns. None have the broad menu of Saint's Alp's (never quite figured out the double-possessive there).

If you want a wider selection, there are also a number of places in Flushing that are easier access than Manhattan Chinatown. I live in Tenafly and can usually be out my door and sitting in a restaurant in Flushing in around 30 mins (traffic permitting). I don't recall the name of the place I'm thinking of, but it is at the southwest corner of 39th Rd. and Main. Lots of snacks too.

I think there is a bubble tea place in Edgewater somewhere. I think you can get them at Mitsuwa as well.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

There's a place (korean bakery) that has bubble tea and higher priced (home-made?) desserts *but boy they looked good* in the same plaza as Arek about 1 block or so down and across from the chinese supermarket on kinderkmack if that helps. I don't recall the name.

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

So far, it looks like that place in Ridgewood is the closest to what I'm looking for. Bubble tea seems to be pretty easy to find, but I'm actually looking for the green tea with fresh fruit juices mixed in.

Thanks for all the replies.

there is a place on broad ave in pal park- a coffeehouse- that has the green tea shakes. i'm sorry, but i don't remember the name of it.

parisienne doesn't have them? a shame, because those would be good with bearded papa cream puffs....

The Remedy Cafe in Bloomfield (401 Broad St.) may have what you're looking for, if you're ever down that way. You can read more about the place right here.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845