• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Holidays in NJ 2005

Rosie

I wanted to wish eveyone a very happy holiday season. What are you doing this weekend? Do you cook a special meal for Christmas or do you dine out?

If you are still looking for a place to dine at for Christmas or New Year's there's a list at: http://www.njmonthly.com/rosie/rnews.html

We're going to a party tomorrow evening and I think we will go to the movies and for Chinese or Thai food on Sunday.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Hi, Rosie.

Happy Holidays to you, too!

We are having a combo holiday dinner on Sunday to celebrate Christmas & Hannukah, but thinking of going out for Christmas Eve (we better decide soon!).

Our holiday dinner will combine Italian Christmas traditions and Hannakuah foods (latkes!).

Enjoy!

Terry

www.cookstour.netMy Blog

Happy Holidays to all,

This year XMas Eve is at my wife's aunts house - it'll be our traditional fare seafood, seafood and more seafood.

Stuffed clams

Lobster

Fried shrimp

Fried calamari

Fried catfish

Oysters

Mussels

Crab

Then XMas Day is at my house (God help me)

Stuffed clams

Stuffed artichokes

Turkey

Ham

Fillet mignon

The usual vegetables

Anyway Merry Xmas everyone and have a great New Year

Tom

I want food and I want it now

Xmas Eve will be at my house with my Brother and Sister in law.

I am going with a traditional Feast of the Seven Fishes menu:

Porcini Mushroom Creme with Truffle on crackers

With Champagne

Baccala Salad

Crab, Lobster, Scallop and Shrimp Salad

Sauvignon Blanc

Spaghetti Aglio e Olio con Acciughe (Oil, garlic & Anchovies)

Pinot Grigio

Whole Roasted Red Snapper Drizzled with Premier Cru EVOO

Pinot Noir

Pears and Grapes Roasted in Muscato

Espresso and Anisette

Not sure about Christmas Dinner. I do know it will be a Standing Rib Roast and a Cabernet from Bro's cellar.

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful holiday!!

Edited by Cook456 (log)

Xmas eve was with friends who are like family after 25 years; nothing wild in the food department, but it was certainly tasty, and more importantly, FUN!

Tonight will be a Channukah party with the whole fam damily, including my nieces and nephew--and that's what makes it fun even before it starts. Sfugiyanot (sp?) and latkes, for sure, but we still haven't decided on what dinner will be--possibly Indigo Smoke or Los Tapatios, depending on who is open! :biggrin:

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Ev

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

just back from the inlaws and still have christmas with johnnybird to do

friday night was just three of us - chicken ruby(chicken breasts lightly sauteed then baked with a sauce of cranberries, onion, orange juice and spices), green beans with garlic and whole wheat noodles.

christmas eve was at my sister-in-law's place. all i had to do was make salad, a dressing for it and bring bread. sil made beef pot pies though we have to work on her crimping skills since the pastry tops collapsed and burned and fried potatoes. mil #3 brought lasagna and precooked frozen shrimp :shock: .

christmas day was at my mother-in-law's house. ham, a sweet potato gratin, tarragon carrots, baked beans, macaroni and cheese and white and green asparagus.

right now at work but saturday, when we celebrate our christmas, it will be a capon,sausage stuffing and the rest is up in the air now....

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites