• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jaymes

Jaymes

My New Mexico roots go pretty deep. I often reply "Christmas" to that most New Mexican of questions: "Red or green?"

But I've never seen them mixed together in one bowl. It's not like that. Perhaps it's easier to understand if you think of it as: "Red sauce or green sauce on your enchiladas, huevos rancheros, chile relleno, mojarra...?"

Or if you were asked whether you prefer the chocolate or the raspberry sauce on your dessert crepes.

And you replied that you'd like a little of each. 

In the case of the chile sauces, that would be, "Christmas."

Jaymes

Jaymes

My New Mexico roots go pretty deep. I often reply "Christmas" to that most New Mexican of questions: "Red or green?"

But I've never seen them mixed together in one bowl. It's not like that. Perhaps it's easier to understand if you think of it as: "Red sauce or green sauce on your enchiladas, huevos rancheros, chile relleno, mojarra...?"

Or if you were asked whether you prefer the chocolate or the raspberry sauce on your dessert crepes.

And you replied that you'd like a little of each.