• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Company Christmas Lunch

vsrachel

Hello:

Our office is currently planning for our annual Christmas lunch. We are a group of 6 people, and we typically have a late wine-sodden lunch on a December friday to lead into the weekend. In the past we have gone to Diva, Il Giardino and Circolo, and are looking for something in the same vein. Ideas tossed around include Nu and Chartwell's. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated!

I've had a lunch at Fiddlehead Joe's and found it quite good too! Not sure about their wine selection tho! It's nice and cozy too!

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

How about Cafe de Paris, the Sheeben Whiskey House (talk to Sean re: special menu), West, or the Cassis Bistro.

Cheers,

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

I was at Nu today for lunch and while I can recommend the food as perfect for sharing with a group of 6, I don't think I could have a long lunch in those chairs. I would second the recommendations for Bacchus, HSG, Cioppino's (Christmas lunch there last year) and West if you don't mind coming uptown.

Cheers,

Karole

• 1 month later...