• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thanksgiving Dinner in South Beach?

jim07044

My family's Thanksgiving vacation will be in South Beach this year (the UM vs. UVA football game is the main reason). Are any restaurants having a "thanksgiving dinner" either traditional or deconstructed or re-interpreted? Walkable from the Loews would be best, but willing to take a cab to other parts of the Beach.

• 1 month later...

This forum seems pretty dead compared to NYC and NJ ... anyway, I've called around and found that many restaurants are indeed planning special Thanksgiving menus, including:

Emeril's at Loews Hotel

Prime One Twelve

Blue Door at Delano

Barton G

Mark's South Beach

Nemo

VIX at Hotel Victor

Anyone have any experiences at these places for Thanksgiving dinner? Any other suggestions? Is anyone out there?

I have never eaten a Thanksgiving dinner in any of these but I did have a good meal in Prime One Twelve. It was (about this time last year) very popular. We had to wait about 40 mins for a table on a Wednesday nigth, we did not have reservations however. They had a bar to hang out in and have a few drinks in. Also a friend just returned and had the Sunday brunch in NEMO. She said it was great. It's not much help I know, but the Miami forum is dead!

the Miami forum is dead!

No, just sleeping. I think people here are pretty bored with New Yorkers asking for South Beach restaurant recs. Most people who live in Miami don't eat on South Beach-many places are very expensive and overrated. Get off SoBe, and it's a whole different world. For T-Giving, try Royal Bavarian Schnitzel Haus-it's on NE 79th St over the JFK Causeway in Miami-I had Chrstmas Eve goose dinner there last year, and it was one of the most memorable meals I've ever had. I posted it here... http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=58196

1085 NE 79th Street

Miami, FL 33138

305-754-8002

www.schnitzelhausmiami.com

• 2 weeks later...
No, just sleeping.  I think people here are pretty bored with New Yorkers asking for South Beach restaurant recs.  Most people who live in Miami don't eat on South Beach-many places are very expensive and overrated.  Get off SoBe, and it's a whole different world. 

I'm a native of South Beach and although I haven't been home for 4 months, I feel qualified to disagree, as I've lived on South Beach for most of my(not so short) life! South Beach has GREAT restaurants, thanks in part, to the great visitors from NY, who are willing to pay the actual cost of a fine meal. And many restaurants are not overpriced, maybe some of them are just too expensive for some of us who aren't making decent money. I'm not making decent money, and I still eat great meals often in great places on the beach. Oh, and btw, making the statement "most people in Miami don't" is like saying "most people in the boroughs don't" for a New Yorker. Miami is big geographically and diverse socially, just like the boroughs. You be the judge if that kind of statement can actually mean anything to your own demographic.

Edited by Rebecca263 (log)

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

Post turkey day wrap-up: We had a wonderful thanksgiving dinner at Barton G's on West Ave. I'm a little disappointed that the restaurant site is a "diamond in the rough" neighborhood (it used to be in prime location on 15th & Ocean) but once you get there, all is comfortable and safe.

Friday's dinner at Prime 112 was even better (and less expensive). We also had a great dinner at Ola in their new South Beach location, even though the chocolate bar won't be ready for another two weeks.