• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Heading Down To Sandy Hook

jrichman

There is a terrific seafood place right before the SH bridge in Highlands; not gourmet, but really fresh crabs, lobster and the like. Order inside, and sit on the deck while they prepare it. Eat on the deck and watch the boats go by on the serene river. Name of the place escapes me, but it's just next to Bahr's.

There is a terrific seafood place right before the SH bridge in Highlands; not gourmet, but really fresh crabs, lobster and the like.  Order inside, and sit on the deck while they prepare it.  Eat on the deck and watch the boats go by on the serene river.  Name of the place escapes me, but it's just next to Bahr's.

I believe that this place is called Moby's.

For hotdogs you want the Vauxhall rd exit off the Parkway which will take you straight to SYD's and Tabachnicks great hot dogs at both....Millburn Mall (stripmall)

:biggrin:

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I have heard a lot about this place Syd's - I am a huge fan of Ruts Hut and heard that this place can give it some competition - I would defintiely like to try one - can you give me some more specific directions - I'll stop on my way home so I will be heading North on the GSP. Thanks!

For hotdogs you want the Vauxhall rd exit off the Parkway  which will take you straight to SYD's and Tabachnicks great hot dogs at both....Millburn Mall (stripmall)

:biggrin:

I have heard a lot about this place Syd's - I am a huge fan of Ruts Hut and heard that this place can give it some competition - I would defintiely like to try one - can you give me some more specific directions - I'll stop on my way home so I will be heading North on the GSP. Thanks!

For hotdogs you want the Vauxhall rd exit off the Parkway  which will take you straight to SYD's and Tabachnicks great hot dogs at both....Millburn Mall (stripmall)

Parkway north to rt 78 west. Get off at the Millburn part of the Union/Millburn exit. that puts you onto Vauxhall rd automatically. Go through the 3rd traffic light and the Millburn Mall is on your right. Syd's is the 1st store once you pull in.

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Those hotdog places are a bit of a hike for stopping at on the way to Sandy Hook, but I can attest to how good they were during a Hotdog Safari I attended while eG still had a soul. As for food on the way tp the Hook, you may want to check out a new place called Rice at the end of Bay Ave. in Highlands. It is a pan-Asian place run by the folks who own Teak in Red Bank. They have a stunning outdoor garden area with some really nice waterfalls and pools. Looks like it would be a good place to loaf at for a long meal on a weekday.

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak