• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Saturday Dining in N. Jersey Tonight

Lreda

Shit, this might have been the worst Saturday, besides snowstorms, that I ever had in 11 years. Is there anyone still in North Jersey?

Melt died at 3pm. It was like a wake. Saturdays, like most other places, has been our busiest day. Until yesterday.

Friday at Belgiovine's Deli in Montclair, where I work, was the deadest it's been in nearly 3 months. Traffic on Bloomfield Ave. was unnaturally light.

Can't speak for Saturday cuz I just work weekdays. But I think people are starting to take off for those weekends at the Shore.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845