• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

QUICK! Is La Regalade still good?

waylman

I'm planning on going in about 30 mins.......but I can still bail! PLEASE let me know ASAP! THANKS!!!

Still good when I was there 6 weeks ago.

Cheers,

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

well, the food was great but the service was SLOOOOWWWWWWWW. Overall, a positive experience and I'll be back. Thanks guys.

Just a question - does service sloooowwwwwwww mean the food took a long time or that you weren't greeted quickly, drinks left empty, plates not cleared etc.

''Wine is a beverage to enjoy with your meal, with good conversation, if it's too expensive all you talk about is the wine.'' Bill Bowers - The Captain's Tavern, Miami

well, the food was great but the service was SLOOOOWWWWWWWW. Overall, a positive experience and I'll be back. Thanks guys.

Just a question - does service sloooowwwwwwww mean the food took a long time or that you weren't greeted quickly, drinks left empty, plates not cleared etc.

Most of those things...we were not greeted promptly when we arrived...we stood around at the entrance for a few minutes patiently waiting (we had an 8:30 reservation). When we were greeted our table was not ready so we sat at the bar for about 5 mins.

Our order was taken promptly, but it took quite awhile to get our appetizers and entrees. It was very busy though, so this was understandable. After we were finished dinner, at least 10-15 minutes went by before our plates were cleared.

Dessert came quickly as did the bill so that was nice. Overall, the amazing food made up for the lacking service and I'll be back.