• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sources of High-Quality Online/Mail-Order Food

MarkIsCooking

Okay, I can see where the confusion about "sweet" hams can get annoying. I looked at the website for Edwards, and they seem to be one of a few purveyors of smoked city hams that they refer to as sweet. Adding to the weirdness is the fact that their city or sweet hams are indeed sweet, because they come pre-glazed. In other words they are indeed sweeter than most unglazed city hams that appear to be sold on line. For a person who didn't grow up in a ham-cooking household there is indeed a fountain of dubious information about ham.

After reading my own post I almost confused myself.

Edited by Katie Meadow (log)
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kayb said:

I’m telling you. Take a look at petitjeanhams.com. 

That link does not work. Could it be this?

https://petitjeanmeats.com/

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

On 11/12/2022 at 8:36 PM, Anna N said:

That link does not work. Could it be this?

https://petitjeanmeats.com/

Hey, that's some fellow Arkansas hillbillies!  You know it has to be good.

We eat some of their other products and enjoy them.

• Like 2

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?

Charles De Gaulle, in "Les Mots du General", 1962