• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recommendations for lunch in Brighton, please?

Hi. I don't know Brighton very well at all, but my partner and I are going down on a Saturday, in a couple of weeks time. She'll be at an event at the University on grand parade, then we'd like to do lunch within walking distance, as we'll be going by train. Something different, or something casual but food being the whole point.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Edited by Tim Z (log)

There are a number of threads about Brighton on the UK forum which you can dig out by using the site's search facility, although none of them particulary extensive I have to say.

The Saint in St James Street just off the Steine might be worth a punt or Indian Summer in East Street has an interesting and reasonably priced daytime menu. Nice room as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. I don't know Brighton very well at all, but my partner and I are going down on a Saturday, in a couple of weeks time. She'll be at an event at the University on grand parade, then we'd like to do lunch within walking distance, as we'll be going by train. Something different, or something casual but food being the whole point.

Any ideas? Thanks.

So where did you go Tim and how was it?