• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Transfer Sheets: Sourcing

Truffle Guy

I love the PCB transfer sheets I see on their european website but can't find the selection here. I have been trying to find European Imports but can't find a website.

Any good links for chocolate transfers would be appreciated. Thanks All

I love the PCB transfer sheets I see on their european website ...  Any good links for chocolate transfers would be appreciated.  Thanks All

I agree, PCB has beautiful transfer sheets. Eurosource Gourmet is a distributor for PCB. Their website is www.esgourmet.com but I didn't see the PCB products on their website. You might try calling their 800 number. I have ordered the PCB transfer sheets from them in the past.

Are you looking specifically for the PCB transfer sheets? If not, a lot of other companies carry transfer sheets: Albert Uster, Ambassador, and Swiss Chalet to name a few...

I love the PCB transfer sheets I see on their european website ...   Any good links for chocolate transfers would be appreciated.  Thanks All

I agree, PCB has beautiful transfer sheets. Eurosource Gourmet is a distributor for PCB. Their website is www.esgourmet.com but I didn't see the PCB products on their website. You might try calling their 800 number. I have ordered the PCB transfer sheets from them in the past.

Are you looking specifically for the PCB transfer sheets? If not, a lot of other companies carry transfer sheets: Albert Uster, Ambassador, and Swiss Chalet to name a few...

I'm looking for any striking or stunning transfers. I like the PCB style so anything that matches their color and artistic appeal would be great. I'll take any suggestions as far as websites to check out. Thanks!

you have several choices for pcb

you can have them custom ordered for you from echocolates.com or patisfrance/parisgourmet (and both usually have a small amount of stock items around)

or and i would suggest trying this route, i haven't done it yet but it was how i plan on making my next order, you can order directly from pcb on their web site. you can order anything you want, no minimum and the shipping charges seem pretty reasonable and they say that you will recieve you order fairly quickly. this way you won't be paying anyone an extra fee to do the same thing for you and the other companies usually force you to make a large minimum order

nkaplan@delposto.com

• 6 months later...

Yes, you can use them to decorate chocolates or to make chocolate decorations for your desserts.

Example of Bonbon Decorated with Transfer Sheet

I'd be happy to explain in more detail, if you like.

Edited by John DePaula (log)

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

One way to use transfer sheets is with magnetic chocolate molds. These are 2 piece polycarbonate molds held together with magnets. The molds can be used to sandwich a transfer sheet. When you fill the mold with chocolate, the transfer pattern, well…, transfers to the chocolate. Here’s a link to the Kerekes site that shows how the magnetic molds are used: Transfer Sheet Example

Another way to use the transfers is simply to place a thin coating of chocolate on the sheet. Then just before the chocolate sets, you can score the pieces and / or roll the sheet and allow to dry. Voila! Now you have chocolate decorations.

John DePaula
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

My favorite source for transfer sheets is definaltey PBC company in France. http://www.pcb-creation.fr/

If you dare, buy their catalog (it's like $5.00) I want everything they sell.

Yes, you're right Wendy; they have great products (their catalog is more like $15, though) but the shipping & taxes are killers!

John DePaula
--------------------

Could we possibly coax you into doing a demo, John?  :wink:

Sounds like a fun project. Will have to get back to you in a couple of weeks since my schedule is so hectic right now.

Ciao!

John DePaula
--------------------

• 4 weeks later...

John DePaula
--------------------

• 1 year later...

I'm looking for a transfer sheet that would be perfect for a women's fiber arts collective fundraiser. Since I've not dabbled in chocolates, I'm thinking I'll stick to what I know and bake something, but top it with a tempered chocolate square that has a pattern on it. The ideal would be an American Indian weave design.

Chef Rubber wasn't much help, nor was Pfeil & Holing. And sorry Kerry, but I'm not up for making my own just yet :blink:

gfron1, if you cannot find a transfer sheet that looks right you might have some luck with texture/structure sheets. No colour there unless you use coloured white chocolate but these can have weave type patterns on them.

I have looked at the pcb creations web site a lot but never bought anything , I think they ship worldwide but shipping cocoa butter sheets in summer might be tricky. pcb

I'm looking for a transfer sheet that would be perfect for a women's fiber arts collective fundraiser.  Since I've not dabbled in chocolates, I'm thinking I'll stick to what I know and bake something, but top it with a tempered chocolate square that has a pattern on it.  The ideal would be an American Indian weave design.

Chef Rubber wasn't much help, nor was Pfeil & Holing.  And sorry Kerry, but I'm not up for making my own just yet  :blink:

Rob,

If you've got a spare couple of hundred dollars lying around there is always American Chocolate Designs. Some of those weaves would make gorgeous transfers.

Hi. Lovely demo! I noticed that you used a melter. I am looking into getting two. Which company do you have? Mol d'art? And what size is the smallest while still being able to use a mold over it to cleanly pour out the chocolate. Right now I do this over my x3210 tempering machine and it is a bit messy, due to the bowl diameter.

Any info would be welcome!

Thanks!

Lior

Edited by Lior (log)

Hi. Lovely demo! I noticed that you used a melter. I am looking into getting two. Which company do you have? Mol d'art? And what size is the smallest while still being able to use a mold over it to cleanly pour out the chocolate. Right now I do this over my x3210 tempering machine and it is a bit messy, due to the bowl diameter.

Any info would be welcome!

Thanks!

Lior

The 6Kg melters are the smallest you can cleanly flip a mold over. The 3Kg melter is round instead of rectangular and would give you the same trouble as your x3210. I've got a pair of the 6Kg Mol d'art melters and I'm quite happy with them.

These designs got me thinking - how would (or could) I use them on the caramels that I make? Could I put them on the bottom of my sheet pan and pour the caramel onto it, then flip over and remove? I have never worked with these before so I am totally clueless.