• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Deepdish Pizza

Vancouver

OMG, that looks like the pizza my long lost "brother" brought from Chicago to Connecticut once for pre (or was it post) American Thanksgiving dinner. YUM! If it is here, we must find it!

I drove past a place yesterday on Fraser that said it had Chicago pizza, but it looked like a one slice / hole in the wall kind of place. Anyone been?

Maybe I should encourage mr. cat to start making deep dish instead of regular, he is on a pizza kick since I got him the stone at Xmas ...

I drove past a place yesterday on Fraser that said it had Chicago pizza, but it looked like a one slice / hole in the wall kind of place.  Anyone been?

Do you think it is the same place as the place on Denman that DarkDante gave the link to above? They seem to have a location on Fraser as well. Or is it perhaps another one? :huh:

I just wandered by the Denman location with the vague idea of trying it out... but was frightened off by the a) absolute lack of customers, b) the 'all you can eat for 6.99 (in 30 min)' sign, and c) fact that apparently for Islamic reasons they don't use pork - so good luck if you like back bacon, or most kinds of salami, on your pizza. Plus it turns out these are the guys that litter my building with flyers all the time.

I fear this is not the solution to our deep dish needs, but it will take a braver soul than I to find out.

Hong Kong Dave

O que nao mata engorda.

For the sake of completeness I ran by there today. I went in - even though the outside pointed to negative possibilities. I looked at the 4 pies they had warming on the heater. Not chicago style. More like pizzahut deepdish style. :sad:

Any other options?!?!?!?!?!

I tried a denman deep dish pizza after seeing it here and it's really nothing like an authentic deep dish.

It's just a really thick crust with a normal amount of toppings. The meat lovers we had wasn't as packed with meat as some I've seen, and I actually found little chicken bones on my pizza still, but it was still a tasty pizza.

I'm not really driven to have it agin any time soon, seeing how it wasn't a big stuff deep dish pizza like I wanted, but I should have been able to tell by the price alone.

That really sucks! I guess there are no more deep dish pizza joints in Vancouver. I remember there use to be one in North Burnaby, but I forgot what the name of the place is. I know that it has been closed down.