• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

IndyRob

IndyRob

3 hours ago, kayb said:

Well, I don't patronize Chick Fil A, but that has as much to do with the fact I loathe their food as it does with their political attitudes.

If I walked out onto my driveway right now, I could hit a Chick Fil A by throwing a tennis ball. But I've never had anything from Chick Fil A.  Not because I have a problem with their politics, but because I've never felt a craving for a Fil A o' Chick. (despite the adorable cows they use for marketing).

Likewise, 'Black Olives Matter' is just a bad joke.  It's just a stupid idea.  The Chick Fil A cows are kind of clever.  'Black Olive Matters' is just dumb.

To get worked up about it serves no purpose other than to give them publicity,  Which is exactly what they were going for.

IndyRob

IndyRob

2 hours ago, kayb said:

Well, I don't patronize Chick Fil A, but that has as much to do with the fact I loathe their food as it does with their political attitudes.

If I walked out onto my driveway right now, I could hit a Chick Fil A by throwing a tennis ball. But I've never had anything from Chick Fil A.  Not because I have a problem with their politics, but because I've never felt a craving for a Fil A o' Chick. (despite the adorable cows they use for marketing).

Likewise, 'Black Olives Matter' is just a bad joke.  It's just stupid idea.  The Chick Fil A cows are kind of clever.  'Black Olive Matters' is just dumb.

To get worked up about it serves no purpose other than to give them publicity,  Which is exactly what they were going for.