• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Taco Trucks In The Area

hedgehog_23

there's a truck thats parked near Lakeforest Mall in Gaithersburg from about 6pm-11pm that sells Tacos, Burritos, and Quesadillas. Very good, authentic, and cheap. Tacos are $2, Quesadillas are $4 and Burritos are a whopping $4.50. It's called "La Fogata". Meat selections for each include Beef, Chicken, Pork, Tripe, Tongue and another that I cant remember. Make sure and ask for some extra of that wonderful homemade picante

At least on weekends during soccer season, there are three taco trucks that park at the soccer field on Alabama Drive in Herndon (a few blocks north of Elden St). I was there for a soccer game on Sunday and bought one of my kids a taco from one of the trucks. He said it was the best taco he ever had. $2 per. They also have pupusas (what is a pupusa, anyway, the kids want to know) and carne asada. We bought some more tacos after the game.

What are some other regular taco truck locations? Is the quality of the tacos pretty consistent from one truck to another?

Edited by mnebergall (log)

At least on weekends during soccer season, there are three taco trucks that park at the soccer field on Alabama Drive in Herndon (a few blocks north of Elden St).  I was there for a soccer game on Sunday and bought one of  my kids a taco from one of the trucks.  He said it was the best taco he ever had.  $2 per.  They also have pupusas (what is a pupusa, anyway, the kids want to know) and carne asada.  We bought some more tacos after the game. 

What are some other regular taco truck locations?  Is the quality of the tacos pretty consistent from one truck to another?

a papusa is basically a thick corn tortilla (with the texture of polenta) with a filling of cheese and meat (usually pork or chicken.) they're good.

• 3 weeks later...
I heard a report that there are taco trucks behind the GW Middle School in Alexandria (Mt. Vernon Ave & Braddock) on weekends.  Since I live down the street, I will verify their existence and the quality of their tacos.

:huh:

I lived a block away for about a year and walked through the back of the school almost every day and never recalled seeing anything. Occasionally, a lunch truck would pull by for the construction guys when they were expanding and rebuilding the school, but I never remember a taco truck.

Then again, I also moved 2 years ago.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W