• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Why, oh why?

Lreda

"Why, oh why?, Why do we run upscale restaurants?"

Because, Lou, you believe in excellence. You're an idealist and you're pursuing a dream. I'm sure you could make a lot more money in another line of work -- so could many of us -- but then you wouldn't be you.

Keep doing what you're doing, come to us for moral support any time, get those publicists working for you (and their initials better be KD and FS), and most of all keep treating your customers like honored guests. What the chains can't replicate is you.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

"Why, oh why?, Why do we run upscale restaurants?"

Because, Lou, you believe in excellence. You're an idealist and you're pursuing a dream. I'm sure you could make a lot more money in another line of work -- so could many of us -- but then you wouldn't be you.

Keep doing what you're doing, come to us for moral support any time, get those publicists working for you (and their initials better be KD and FS), and most of all keep treating your customers like honored guests. What the chains can't replicate is you.

BRAVO!!!!!

Nothing says I love you like a homemade salami

and most of all keep treating your customers like honored guests.

yeah, lou - greet them like you did me last week

"here comes trouble". :laugh::laugh:

if you didn't greet me like that THEN i'd worry. :shock:

someone mentioned public television/radio stations - there is an one in hackettstown broadcasting from centenary college wnti http://wnti.org/

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites