• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch in Seattle

OK, here's the deal....

A friend from L.A....very high-end/high-maintenance is coming for a visit next month.

We'll pick her up from the airport on a Friday and stop in Seattle for lunch.

I need a place that's NICE...maybe tablecloths...the whole schmeer...and GOOD FOOD.

Some place that is not hard to find (we've not really learned our way around Seattle yet) and has easy parking available....(like near Pacific Place?)

Saturday night dinner is easy....we'll take the ferry and walk to CASCADIA !

Friday night I'm cooking...(-:

Thanks so much for any suggestions...!!!!

I believe Rovers serves lunch on Friday. It's nice, and the food is sublime. I believe the tableclothes are white, and it's in Madison Park. You can take the Madison exit off I-5 and head East.

The Icon Grill on fifth avenue. Pacific Place is just around the corner.

1933 5th Ave

Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: (206) 441-6330

Hope your friends enjoy Seattle!

"Live every moment as if your hair were on fire" Zen Proverb

Maximilien in the Market is my suggestion. The food and the place are simple, but elegant.

Edited to add: And a stellar view.

Edited by MsRamsey (log)

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Cafe Campagne is very nice for lunch, and according to the website, Campagne is offering lunch on the terrace during the summer. You can park at the Pike Place Market garage, the Bon Marche garage, or you might be able to get valet parking from the Inn at the Market. Either Maximilien or Campagne would be fun for a visitor since they're both right in Pike Place Market.

Hungry Monkey May 2009

I'd second Maximilien and also suggest Union. I'm a broken record aren't I? :hmmm:

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946