• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

todays beer purchases

rabidscottsman

#1 Mendocino brewing White Hawk IPA

#2 Big Sky Crystal ale. Big sky brewing Missoula Montana

#3 Rouge Morimoto Hazelnut Signature Ale

#4 Rouge Sea Otter Amber Ale

I think im going to try the hazelnut when i get home from work tonight. If anybody has had any of these beers i would like to know your opinions of them.

What drew me to them is that i collect beers. I live near a liquor store that sells over 800 kinds of beer and you can buy them by the indivisual bottle. These were 4 beers that i havent tried yet.

I started this hobby about 4 years ago when a friend of mine gave me a bottle of Guinness to try. I had actually hated beer at that time (perish the thought). Well I started doing a lot of reading on beer and traveling across the country and on vacations i would stop in liquor stores wherever i was going looking for diffrent beers. We would stop in restaurants and i would grab the beer lists and start trying local beers and talking to the bartenders about what is out there.

Now im up to over 400 beers in my collection and im glad to say that i have tried them all. I save 1 bottle of everything that i try.

I have tried some fantastic beers and i have had a few that i wouldnt give to my worst enemy. Thats what is fun about this hobby,you never know what you will find out there.

Here's some information about the ROGUE Sea Otter (not Rouge - sorry I just had to correct that one). There is a lot more information about all the Rogues at Rogue Brews

Sea Otter Amber is a special 2001 bottling (22 ounce) of Rogue's American Amber Ale. Enjoy this spicy, playful ale with a distrinct character. Brewed in the Oregon Coast to the highest standards. A portion of the proceeds of the sale of this ale supports the Oregon Coast Aquarium and its mission to expand our understanding of the oceans. For info on the OCA (OCA is where Free Willy, aka Keiko, was rehabilitated before his return to Iceland!), visit aquarium.org. If you visit Newport, the Aquarium is just down the street from Rogue's brewery at the Marina

"There's a whole lotta things I ain't never done, but I ain't never had too much fun" Commander Cody