• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

office dinner for 15 in Northern Bergen County or Rockland?

zeman

Quote: from zeman on 12:16 am on Dec. 1, 2001

Where can I take out an office of 15 people who send me a lot of business? They are from Rockland County so any suggestions there or perhaps N. Bergen County?

what's that joint up  in that part of NY...Xaviars?  is that how it's spelled?  supposed to be very good.  cash only last i checked.  in Piermont if i'm not mistaken.  never been, sorry i can't supply more detail!

Not knowing what type of cuisine you want and how much you want to spend here are some suggestions.

Latour in Ridgewood--BYO

Legal Seafoods in Paramus

Cafe Panache in Ramsey--BYO

Radicchio in Ridgewood--BYO

Cinque Figlie in Whippany

Savini in Allendale

Let us know where you end up and how it was.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I think Cinque Figlie has a  private room upstairs. You need to call the others to check. Never been to Citrus. If you are looking for a private room and location isn't a problem call Amanda's in Hoboken. They have a wine celler for up to 22. Also, America in Tenafly has a wine celler. I forgot about them. Bernards Inn in Bernardsville is lovely and I am pretty sure they have a private area.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

If your guests enjoy their brews and more casual food...

Is Company B's still around? Used to be on 303 about a mile south of the NYSThruway in Orangeburg and about the same distance north from the Palisades Pkwy. Wonderful selection of microbrews, better than average pub food.

I think they had a branch on 17 in Ramsey, northbound near Don Bosco. Another brewpub suggestion is the Ramapo brewpub, formerly Mountain Valley, in Suffern, opposite the train station on US 202. Big, private room behind the main dining room.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

what's that joint up  in that part of NY...Xaviars?  is that how it's spelled?  supposed to be very good.  cash only last i checked.  in Piermont if i'm not mistaken.  never been, sorry i can't supply more detail!

Xaviar's is 4-8 weeks wait.  Plus its a bit on the small side for an office dinner.

Legal Seafoods is actually a good bet.  Plus they have another location in Rockland county...

(Edited by jhlurie at 11:02 am on Dec. 3, 2001)

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"