• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An American Grill--Randolph

Rosie

just to clear things up, I have lived in Randolph for 5+ years. I haven't been to the grill in over a year. If I put on a suit and took my wife to dinner there I would be at the bar next to someone with jeans and a tee shirt(not even polo style). Country club casual is good, but if I want to hang with jeans and a tee I would got to the Black river barn.

Lreda I didn't mean to offend anyone. Off the top off my head the panko crusted portobello with wasabi sauce was good. Fra diablo wasn't very fresh. Yellow rice had to much salt.

I don't know what to say but I don't have panko encrusted portobello on my menu nor on my specials. I've done shrimp with panko which isn't my favorite dish but sells well and panko encrusted monk fish but only in April & May because I'm not fond of the quality of the fish in other months. While being of Italian decent and sometimes showcasing these dishes I have never described a dish as " FraDiavlo".

I am certainly not looking to make war with a township resident but I find it difficult to imagine someone at my bar dressed with a "tee shirt and jeans".

I think perhaps 1 out of 200 might come in the bar with a tee shirt and jeans and once there would realize that isn't the proper dress. But should I not allow him in to at least look at a menu for future references. I understand wanting to keep a upscale apperence but once again I can't afford to aggitate potential customers while competing with The Barn or other dining establishments in the area :biggrin:

This was over a year ago. maybe fruits de mer not fra diablo.

I too have a scrambled egg brain from years of the heat.

I understand not wanting to offend, its a tough business. I will give it another chance to redeem itself.

Really all that is required is to wear a collared shirt and slacks or a good pair of jeans. I think I"m the only one that wears a suit and only on weekends, and not during summer.

Casual, but neat is how I describe the attire.

Now for women.......

Marinated sliced N.Y. Strip steak served over toasted garlic bread with potatoes, sweet & hot cherry peppers & onions. The bread is a harder type but the juice from the garlic butter & steak soften the bread.

Thanks Chef, perhap you'd enjoy a lunch of steak sandwiches, good draft beer, Rosie & lapdances.  :cool:

Would you please stop putting my name in the same sentence as lapdances!! I don't want people to know about all of my talents. :biggrin:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

How about Sunday or Monday?

Sunday Evenings or Monday as long as not the Hotel Show at Javits.

Tuesdays and Thursdays also work. Lunch or dinner. I'm also good from Oct. 20th on.

Sorry to be so conditional. it's this damn restaurant business thing. I've kind of used up my "taking off early, leave the Sous Chefs in charge" allotment already this year. :smile:

Nick