• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bourbon Restaurant and Bar

My man and I went to Bourbon in Glover Park last night for a few drinks. I had a remarkable Basil Hayden manhattan on the rocks with just the right amount of vermouth and he had a 10 year old Evan Williams on the rocks that he said was, "yummy".

The place serves food as well with many of the dishes using bourbon as an ingredient. Just wondering what you all thought of the place. I have not tried the food, but they have a huge list of bourbons and TN whiskies as well as an extensive beer list.

It is one of those places that you wouldn't know exists because there is no sign out front. However, it is next door to Heritage India.

Anyone else tried this joint?

Jennifer

I like this place. Sometimes the crowd there can be annoying, but they do have a nice bourbon & whiskey selection (they need to get Copper Fox, though). However, it always seems like I am one of the few people there actually drinking bourbon. Some interesting beer selections and they have some fancy wine fridge contraption for glass selections (which look to be mostly from small CA wineries). It pumps the wine out of the bottles and out through taps on the outside-- so no warm reds here. The food is just standard bar fare. Dinner at Heritage India and then some post-dinner bourbon at Bourbon makes for a good evening.

Chris Sadler

when one of my good friends was in town, his brother-in-law knows one of the bartenders, we went 4 out of 5 nights. it was cozy and pretty cool. i liked it; though they could use a sign, dont you think?

Nothing quite like a meal with my beautiful wife.

when one of my good friends was in town, his brother-in-law knows one of the bartenders, we went 4 out of 5 nights. it was cozy and pretty cool. i liked it; though they could use a sign, dont you think?

I like that there is no sign. Kind of like the 18th street lounge. Makes me feel like I am one of the people, "in the know".

Jennifer

I like that there is no sign. Kind of like the 18th street lounge. Makes me feel like I am one of the people, "in the know".

I feel that the place is too small to have a sign. If it were more heavily publicized, it would make it so difficult to find a decent table or a seat at the bar, that it might not be worth visiting anymore. Cooking is an art form.

Love,

Mr. Roger Troutman, who enjoys food and beverages.

CHAIR, INTERNATIONAL DINING RESEARCH INSTITUTE

WASHINGTON, D.C.