• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Dog

Holly Moore

I had the roquefort burger today. the bartender suggested medium, which was ok with me. mine came medium rare, dining partner's was medium as ordered. it was a bit underdone in the center for my taste. however, since it is an 8 oz. burger stuffed with melted cheese, topped with a pile of onions, I was full after about two thirds. the fries are weak. it was such a big pile on the plate, I was able to find a few crispy enough to eat, but unless they come with your order, I wouldn't bother. the pulled pork empanadas were good, and come with a very tasty homemeade bbq sauce. nice selection of seasonal beers on tap.

Edited by jmbrightman (log)

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Good Dog burger last night. Onions will ruin a meal for me so I got it without, leaving me with a bun and a patty stuffed with cheese, but let me say that this was damn good. I eat a ton of burgers, and this one was memorable. Definitely better than the burger at Black Sheep. I ordered medium, and it came out between med rare and medium (if that's possible), which is really perfect to me. I pretty much inhaled it, to the shock and awe of the bartender and slightly crazy older guy next to me. I didn't want to put it down because I didn't want the juices and cheese to fall out onto the plate. The mix of sweet potato and regular fries were nice and crisp. Beers on tap that I tried were Sly Fox Pale Ale, Yards Love Stoudt, Flying Fish Grand Cru, and Dogfishhead 60 Min IPA. All were good, but I'd say I like the Love Stoudt the best. Go there, get the burger, enjoy the beer!

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson

• 10 months later...

I just posted my comments about Good Dog on metrolist.info, a new local craigslist-style board started by a friend of mine.

It's nothing you haven't heard before, phrased differently. Except that I didn't notice the presence of foie gras in the burger. But I guess that was what gave it its rich taste.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

• 3 months later...