• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New York eGullet bar crawl

Wilfrid

Maybe it's because I tried whipping it up to a frenzy last week, having muddled the dates.  I'll be there.  My current understanding is The Kettle of Fish on Christopher Street, around 7pm.

sounds right.  looks like me and you kid.  i'll probably be there by 6 turdy.

edit:

looks like i may be tied up in midtown for a little bit longer than expected.  soooo, more like 7.  please, contain your excitement.

Crawling is right, Yvonne. I've had one of those days and sad to say, I was considering going home and ... going for a run instead. . . Wiser minds have prevailed and I'm just getting thirsty now.

By the way, where's that scamp Simon? Comes onto our board, throws down a challenge, and slinks off under a rock somewhere? I thought he was of stronger stuff.  :wink:

Yeah, I was considering going for a run.  Or maybe taking a folk dancing lesson.  Or getting the ingredients in for a good vegan meal.  Or watching some re-runs of 'Upstairs Downstairs'.  Or re-painting the bathroom door.  Or learning how to crochet.

But I guess I'll just hit the bars instead. :smile:

Seeing as how the time was moved back to 7PM (last time I looked at this thread people were talking about a LATE meeting), and seeing as how another conflict went away, I might actually go Kettle Fishing.

As I have no beret, If you see someone wearing a brown baseball cap and matching leather jacket it's me.  Très cool, no?  :smile:

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

The significant thing about this plan was that, at one stage, it was almost all ex-pats from the British isles who had signed up.  I see the party is now more balanced and international in composition.

I can't speak for other nationalities, but Americans do EVERYTHING last minute.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

What's this? I'm the first one? Sorry, Tommy, I know how you like to be first.

Lovely meeting all the New York crowd. Just as expected, Wilfrid was late from his folk-dancing class, and B Edulis and I were hanging about the old Kettle of Fish stage-whispering "EGullet" to all passers-by.

Next?

Let's close this topic, and someone start a new one for the debriefing. Tommy, here's your big second-chance to be first.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)