• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tom Valenti on eGullet

Jinmyo

As Steve S announced this morning here (clicke moi, svp) Tom Valenti has a new book called "Welcome to My Kitchen" coming out from HarperCollins. To raise buzz for his book he'll be appearing in our hallowed halls for questions and suchlike.

Good move for him and HarperCollins and good for eGullet members. Buzz for him, buzz for us. We have an informed, civil, humourous, and international memberbase which already includes at least two other prominent Steves. If we schedule more such events, who knows how many Steves we might assimiliate? Regardless of their names, we need more Steves.

What do you think? Discuss.

What do you think about Chef Valenti? Have you eaten at Ouest? Clicke this clickable link to an article if you are not as yet familiar with either.

Who would you like to see hold such discussion sessions here?

Are you a Steve?

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Liza, you are so, like, "Steve" y'know that, like, it's a whole other kind of "Steve".

(Stephen Daedalus wasn't so Stevesque, I think.)

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Perhaps you should take the Steve Test on the Tao of Steve site. That's the best way to determine whether you're a Steve or a Stu.

http://www.taoofsteve.com/thestevetest/index.html

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)