• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Persian Food Northern NJ

babystruck

Hi

Thank goodness I found this forum! I'm a CA transplant and desperate for some of the ethnic food I took for granted in CA. I know there must be persian food, maybe in Parsipanny, but can't find any via web search. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm desperate for some fesenjen and sour cherry rice

Thanks

There's at least 1 or 2 persian restaurants in Edgewater. I haven't tried any, though.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

The place is called Shiraz. (After the grape that originated in Iran). The fesanjeen is only made occasionally, they have the sour cherry rice more often. Call ahead and inquire.

Shiraz Restaurant

1086 River Rd

Edgewater, NJ 07020 Phone:

(201) 886-2500

Its sort of Persian (Afghanistan is a little East), but Pamir in Morristown has excellent Afghan food, and is the only one in NJ. There's also Aladin's Restaurant in Somerville (Kind of Central NJ), for Middle Eastern/Lebanese food. Never been there myself, but I've heard good things and hope to go soon.

For Turkish and other middle eastern stuff there are a LOT of options in the Bergen county area. Actual Persian however is few and far between.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I checked with the Muslim Student Association here at William Paterson and they get their food for events from Fattal's Bakery 975 Main St Paterson open 7 days a week.

This resturant was just reviewed in the record on Jan 7th. I got called for Jury Duty on the 12th so I'll try to check it out.