• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Monster Sushi & Steak

allanl

Tommy,

You are right, we felt that in the suburbs many people don't appreciate sushi and might feel that there would be nothing for them to eat. This has turned out to be less than accurate due to the fact that we are selling a large amount of sushi. We are also selling a large amount of cooked dishes as well as steak. I hope you are not put off by this. Another interesting thing happens out here, many people when asked if they would like to sit at the sushi bar often reply, "No, we're not having sushi"

I believe we are postponing for a few weeks...

Due to my impending vacation, genuine laziness caused by impending vacation and the fact I'm going to have to cook for 4-8 people everynight on my impending vacation I had to postpone.

That and I was intrigued by Nouveau Sushi in Montclair and tried to get The Rock to go with me but he had plans centered around Monster Sushi we cancelled.

Apologies for not following up. I blame it on my impending vacation. I hear by the way, there's a hurricane moving up the coast. :unsure:

• 5 weeks later...
Is it close to the Mall at Short HIlls?  If so, and I can multi-task my commute, I'm in.

yup. right in downtown summit.

mrs. tommy and i will be in summit one morning the week of nov 3rd, and we were planning on having lunch there. if that works for some others, we'd love to meet up.

Edited by tommy (log)