• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hitler Wine (from Italy)

hollywood

The labels of Lunardelli's wines, of which nobody speaks of wine quality, mirror what's inside the bottle: bad taste.

This fellow has quite a gallery of labels, including a line of "biker" labels, Napoleon labels, Mussolini labels and even one with Winston Churchill. He also has a line of "artist" labels, including, appropriately, Munch's "The Scream".

I can't help but believe that the chap would do even better financially if he replaced Hitler with Asia Argento.

Hmmm. Interesting tattoos. http://www.darkdreams.org/asia8.html

Sounds like the proposed wine would be like the swill sold here as Marilyn Merlot.

Switch winemakers. I'm sure Robin Williams could provide a better quality vino for Asia.

My brother was in Hong Kong some time ago and called me for advice on a new varietal line from the very popular Jackie Chan. I adviced him against buying the wine.

He now practices martial arts and nags about my decision on a regular basis.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.

German Prime Minister has Italian Nazi Wine in Sights

BERLIN (Reuters) - The German government has asked Italy to investigate whether an Italian wine with labels depicting Nazis Adolf Hitler, Hermann Goering and Heinrich Himmler violates European Union (news - web sites) anti-racism rules.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host