• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants on Maui?

Really Nice!

My girlfriend surprised me with a vacation to Hawaii. "Surprise, you're paying!" :biggrin:

We're staying at the Ritz Carlton in Lahaina, so I'm sure we'll find some fine dining there.

Anyone have experience with 'must visit' places? I've been to Maui three times, but I've always frequented cheeseburgerinparadise and the like. I'd like to try something fancier this time around.

Thanks!

RN

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

I looked this up because I'm going to Maui as well. I'm taking my boyfriend for his b-day.

I found this site of user reviews

Maui Restaurant Reviews

A nicer review site

For your purposes, I would try Roy's Kahana Bar and Grill in Kihei. All the reviews I've seen say they have great food in a nice atmosphere.

also, perhaps i'o?

Pacific'O seems to be well liked for the food, good view. The chef got an award for being maui's best chef.

Maalaea Grill: haven't heard much about this lately, but a while ago, I heard this was pretty good.

When you run out of money, you can get a paper plate lunch at Aloha Mixed Grill. I think I read they are the same people that run the Old Lahaina Luau. My friend went to Maui in May and loved this place.

When I go, I'll also be trying Cafe O'Lei (same people that do Maalaea Grill), great view, great food in Lahaina. Also, Stella Blues in Kihei for breakfast is supposed to be good. I like the idea of banana macadamia nut pancakes.

Edited by jschyun (log)

I love cold Dinty Moore beef stew. It is like dog food! And I am like a dog.

--NeroW