• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twist77

HELP - how to make thick cookies

32 posts in this topic

Twist,

Feh on the cookie recipe I just posted. It's not worth your time. I'll give it a very low 4 out of 5. The cookies were fairly puffy, but they weren't dense like you want and they seemed a little less "short" than they needed to be. They were crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, but they lacked complexity and character.

Here's a picture.

loricookie.jpg

They were crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, but they lacked complexity and character. 

You know some of the people that I know!

You might want to try increasing the baking temp and baking for a shorter amount of time. This allows the proteins to set up faster before spreading occurs. Try 375 degrees and see if that helps maybe. Just a thought!

-Elizabeth

Mmmmmmm chocolate.

Had some great success over the weaken tweaking temp & times using Elizabeth11's great recipe. In addition, instead of keeping the batter in the freezer during each baking session, I preformed each 1/2 cup "puck" and then placed in freezer - I think this really helped to maintain the shape and height.

Now that I'm zeroing in on the recipe & baking, I'd love to hear some great suggestions for ingredients... Perhaps you have some interesting combos? Gourmet additions? Or just general tips on ingredient choices (ie: chocolate recomendations, vanilla extract recomendations et)

Thanks again for all the help

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0