• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Outdoor kitchen

jscarbor

My dad wants to have an outdoor kitchen built mainly because his wife is obsessive compulsive and can't stand a dirty kitchen not becaue they like to cook all that much.

What would be the best route for them to go?

Does anyone have an idea about a wood burning brick oven instead of a cooktop/grill type setup?

My dad wants to have an outdoor kitchen built mainly because his wife is obsessive compulsive and can't stand a dirty kitchen not becaue they like to cook all that much.

What would be the best route for them to go?

Does anyone have an idea about a wood burning brick oven instead of a cooktop/grill type setup?

I need to find me a significant other like that. "Here, let me build you an outdoor kitchen because I can't stand having a dirty indoor one!" Wow.

Do you think you will be able to post pictures if/when they build it? I'd be very interested in seeing them.

Noise is music. All else is food.

[i need to find me a significant other like that. "Here, let me build you an outdoor kitchen because I can't stand having a dirty indoor one!" Wow. Do you think you will be able to post pictures if/when they build it? I'd be very interested in seeing them. ]

When its done I would love to post pics.

Edited by jscarbor (log)

If your parents are also in the Houston area, there is a place up 59 north I think. I saw their stuff at one of the home shows and was really surprised at the quality for the money. (If I can find the literature in this mess, I will PM you.) Of course, you also have Kruse on 34th street that does the really classy smoker, grill, burner set-ups. Most of these places provide components for building into brick or whatever. Follow an old tradition and "let your fingers do the walking"... through the yellow pages. I think some of the higher end "patio builders" here are also starting to feature outside kitchen designs in their offerings.

Pictures... We want pictures.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

Correction... The place on 34th street in Houston is Klose.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose