• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Panning: Sourcing ingredients and equipment

emosier

I am new to chocolate/candy panning.  I just bought a small panning machine, but I am having a heck of a time finding supplies.  I have found big companies such as Mantrose-Haeuser and Capol, but those appear to be more for industrial uses rather than for small batches.  Does any one have any US based companies that sell things like anti-sticking agents, glazing and polishing agents, etc.

Also while I have your eyes, does anyone have any recommendations for types of chocolate to use.  I two things I would like to try and make are chocolate covered espresso beans and chocolate covered pomegranate seeds.

Thanks in advance.

Chef Rubber has some glazes and polishes I believe. 

I tend to use whatever chocolate I'm partial to at the time - not the most expensive for sure. 

Looks like you've picked a couple of challenging items to start!