• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

do you dice , in quantity ?

rotuts

On 6/17/2024 at 10:04 AM, lindag said:

No, they're not.  That type of cutter takes a hefty amount of pressure.

You are right.  I bought the Vidalia Chop Wizard Pro Max the other day.  The first thing I tried was slicing strawberries.  They got smooshed.  Yesterday I tried it on celery and green onions and I couldn't apply enough pressure to dice/slice either.  Today I'm sending it back.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

You are right.  I bought the Vidalia Chop Wizard Pro Max the other day.  The first thing I tried was slicing strawberries.  They got smooshed.  Yesterday I tried it on celery and green onions and I couldn't apply enough pressure to dice/slice either.  Today I'm sending it back.

I noticed in the advertising videos the strength needed to press the blades through the vegetables was what would be a struggle for many people. 

Also, how would you ever sharpen it?

• Like 2

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

"No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot"
Mark Twain

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

9 hours ago, liuzhou said:

I noticed in the advertising videos the strength needed to press the blades through the vegetables was what would be a struggle for many people. 

We dealt with the strength issue by judicious slicing (so we weren't trying to push, say, an entire potato through at once) but that may be too peevesome for some people. My husband thought it perfect; I used knives mostly although I found the chopper quite useful for some purposes.

As for sharpening: in years of use, I've never found the need to do so.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

On 6/28/2024 at 11:13 AM, liuzhou said:

They are pretty cheap, so I'm not worried about sharpening.  And I'm a BIG girl - I just put my weight on top of it, and it WORKS! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2