• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

OlyveOyl

OlyveOyl

Lamb with pea pistou inspired by a NYT recipe. Lamb meatballs were oven baked at 425* for 15/20 and developed nice browning.  I made 7 large ones rather than a dozen.  The pea pistou was a pleasing combination with the lamb, my peas  were zapped for a minute and then immediately semi puréed in FP with basil, evoo and a little garlic. The rice pilaf …barley, farro, was lovely with the lamb and peas.

Dessert was Panna cotta with Amarena cherries and cherries in pastis.

IMG_5735.jpeg

IMG_5722.jpeg

OlyveOyl

OlyveOyl

Lamb with pea pistou inspired by a NYT recipe. Lamb meatballs were oven baked at 425* for 15/20 and developed nice browning.  I made 7 large ones rather than a dozen.  The pea pistou was a pleasing combination with the lamb, my peas  were zapped for a minute and then immediately semi puréed in FP with bail, evoo and a little garlic. The rice pilaf …barley, farro, was lovely with the lamb and peas.

Dessert was Panna cotta with Amarena cherries and cherries in pastis.

IMG_5735.jpeg

IMG_5722.jpeg