• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

I'm trying to add more fish to our diet.  Specifically because the low sodium diet suggests more fish and chicken over beef and pork.

I'm okay with chicken, could eat it any time, but other than halibut I really don't care for fish.

Thankfully, Moe does like fish.

Last week we had Atlantic Salmon which we both enjoyed.   And yesterday I bought two different pieces of fish, both fresh.  Icelandic Cod and Steelhead.

FreshIcelandicCodandFreshSteelheadJanuary11th2024.thumb.jpg.f3801947bde1f44124ff2f4e26ef7480.jpg

Prepared them both the same way, pan seared and finished in the oven. Served with a garlic, lemon butter, roasted potatoes and broccoli.

FreshIcelandicCodandFreshSteelheadJanuary11th20241.thumb.jpg.66cb1c85a813dad3dae080d1bfae91db.jpg

Moe had the cod which he really enjoyed.  Beautiful big moist white flakes. 

FreshIcelandicCodandFreshSteelheadJanuary11th20243.thumb.jpg.a0d0a358a7a38e347d6d457a22d45ee0.jpg

I was happy enough with the Steelhead.  Same colour as salmon but 

a mild, like trout. 

Ann_T

Ann_T

I'm trying to add more fish to our diet.  Specifically because the low sodium diet suggests more fish and chicken over beef and pork.

I'm okay with chicken, could eat it any time, but other than halibut I really don't care for fish.

Thankfully, Moe does like fish.

Last week we had Atlantic Salmon which we both enjoyed.   And yesterday I bought two different pieces of fish, both fresh.  Icelandic Cod and Steelhead.

Prepared them both the same way, pan seared and finished in the oven. Served with a garlic, lemon butter, roasted potatoes and broccoli.

Moe had the cod which he really enjoyed.  Beautiful big moist white flakes and I was happy enough with the Steelhead.  Same colour as salmon but 

a mild, like trout.