• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

It's cooler now , so Im back to making my stracciatella style soups w filled pasta .

I use various supermarket//TJ's filled pasta .  RANA fresh egg pasta is a favorite

I use a boxed chicken stock , no added salt , and a decent wedge of More than Gourmet

demi-gells :

IMG_4615.thumb.jpeg.4d4bdeabe919c5c6757aec2523db3f28.jpeg

I heat up the stock w the demi then turn the pan off , the demi melts in the bottom and stirs right into the stock

mise :

IMG_4613.thumb.jpeg.1d0ab1db1511c37a5c8c0d6cc19bd316.jpeg

this time the cheese was Fontina , cut onto chunks.  it does not grate well , two eggs 

and I now use a lot of spinach , Tj's bagged baby , as long as the spinach has a fresh aroma.  4 day old refrigerator spinach , not a good idea.

the pasta goes in , simmers for 4 minutes , then the eggs , ( if I wait a bit at this point , then stir the eggs

I get larger chunks of eggs.  then the spinach , and i mix that in and let it sit for a few moments to

soften and partially cook the spinach .  the add a dab sf Tj's Miso ( new to me , and tasty in small amounts )

and EVOO to get this ;

IMG_4618.thumb.jpeg.eb6fc9761db57f3a2594b01569c70ed0.jpeg

the pale blot in the center is the miso

I sometimes have this w a very thick CSO'd slice of fresh TJ's gets from a cape Cod bakery .

everything readily available , easy to fix up  ( I let all the ingredients get to room temp )

and very very tasty .  like the fontina in small chunks , it got very soft , but w a bit of chew remaining 

rotuts

rotuts

It's cooler now , so Im back to making my stracciatella style soups w filled pasta .

I use various supermarket//TJ's filled pasta .  RANA fresh egg pasta is a favorite

I use a boxed chicken stock , no added salt , and a decent wedge of Note than Gourmet

demi-gells :

IMG_4615.thumb.jpeg.4d4bdeabe919c5c6757aec2523db3f28.jpeg

I heat up the stock w the demi then turn the pan off , the demi melts in the bottom and stars right into the stock

mise :

IMG_4613.thumb.jpeg.1d0ab1db1511c37a5c8c0d6cc19bd316.jpeg

this time the cheese was Fontina , cut onto chunks.  it does not grate well  two eggs 

and I now use a lot of spinach , Tj's bagged baby , as long as the spinach has a fresh aroma.

the pasta goes in , simmers for 4 minutes , the the eggs , ( if I wait a bit at this point , the stir the eggs

I get larger chunks of eggs.  then the spinach , and i mix that in and let it sit for a few moments to

soften and partially cook the spinach .  the add a dab sf Tj's Miso ( new to me , and tasty in small amounts 0

and EVOO to get this ;

IMG_4618.thumb.jpeg.eb6fc9761db57f3a2594b01569c70ed0.jpeg

the pale blog in the center is the miso

I sometimes have this w a very thick CSO'd slice of fresh TJ's gets from a cape Cod bakery .

everything readily available , easy to fix up  ( I let all the ingredients get to room temp )

and very very tasty .  like the fontina in small chunks , it got very soft , but w a bit of extra remaining