• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie wanted one last cook-out of the year with friends. I smoked two slabs of ribs and a brisket. The first picture is of the brisket after 6 hours @ 250. It took a total of 10 hours to finish. It was very tender and juicy. I cooked the ribs and brisket a day apart and kept them in the refrigerator until serving time, then re-heated them in the oven and kept warm in a large covered pan on a electric griddle.  The day of, I converted the smoker into a grill by taking out all the insides and scraping out all the grease so there wouldn't be a grease fire when the charcoal went in. I lined the bottom with foil to further keep the charcoal apart from any fat, but mostly for easier clean-up.  I had some Grill Grates that fit the smoker. They have a ridged side and a flat side. I used the flat side up (We don't need any stinkin Blackstone) I topped then with grill mats from Walmart so I could change them when I changed from pork bulgogi to beef bulgogi.  That prevented any flavor cross over.  Sides were a Mexican street corn salad, a fruit salad, and a coleslaw made with a tangy vinaigrette.The beef bulgogi and pork bulgogi was kept warm in slow cookers. By the time they were done, people were starting to arrive and I didn't think to take any more pictrures 

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie wanted one last cook-out of the year with friends. I smoked two slabs of ribs and a brisket. The first picture is of the brisket after 6 hours @ 250. It took a total of 10 hours to finish. It was very tender and juicy. I cooked the ribs and brisket a day apart and kept them in the refrigerator until serving time, then re-heated them in the oven and kept warm in a large covered pan on a electric griddle.  The day of, I converted the smoker into a grill by taking out all the insides and scraping out all the grease so there wouldn't be a grease fire when the charcoal went in. I lined the bottom with foil to further keep the charcoal apart from any fat.  I had some Grill Grates that fit the smoker. They have a ridged side and a flat side. I used the flat side up (We don't need any stinkin Blackstone) I topped then with grill mats from Walmart so I could change them when I changed from pork bulgogi to beef bulgogi.  That prevented any flavor cross over.  Sides were a Mexican street corn salad, a fruit salad, and a coleslaw made with a tangy vinaigrette.The beef bulgogi and pork bulgogi was kept warm in slow cookers. By the time they were done, people were starting to arrive and I didn't think to take any more pictrures 

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg