• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tempest63

Tempest63

Tonight was Koftet Roz, an Egyptian meatball recipe made with Beef, large quantities of fresh herbs, and ground rice. We saw the recipe in the current BBC Good Food magazine and it was a new dish, new variant on meatballs, so I had to give it a go.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sohas-koftet-roz-egyptian-rice-meatballs

I made it with lamb mince instead of beef, as that was what I had available, the sauce recipe looked a little bland for my tastes so I upped the garlic, added a finely chopped red onion and some Za’athar, black pepper and Maldon sea salt. 

The final dish was very agreeable with nice, tasty, soft meatballs and a great tasting sauce. We served it with plain steamed basmati rice.

IMG_1413.thumb.jpeg.a038ba1bf9900930bb344a391bb628e8.jpeg

The full dish in the frying pan.

IMG_1414.thumb.jpeg.8f3cc427da2a44761080bbe1e7da4aaa.jpeg

Served with Dishooms, plain steamed basmati rice.

Tempest63

Tempest63

Tonight was Koftet Roz, an Egyptian meatball recipe made with Beef, large quantities of fresh herbs, and ground rice. We saw the recipe in the current BBC Good Food magazine and it was a new dish, new variant on meatballs, so I had to give it a go.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sohas-koftet-roz-egyptian-rice-meatballs

I made it with lamb mince instead of beef, as that was what I had, available, the sauce recipe looked a little bland for my tastes so I upped the garlic, added a finely chopped red onion and some Za’athar, black pepper and Maldon sea salt. 

The final dish was very agreeable with nice, tasty, soft meatballs and a great tasting sauce. We served it with plain steamed basmati rice.

IMG_1413.thumb.jpeg.a038ba1bf9900930bb344a391bb628e8.jpeg

The full dish in the frying pan.

IMG_1414.thumb.jpeg.8f3cc427da2a44761080bbe1e7da4aaa.jpeg

Served with Dishooms, plain steamed basmati rice.