• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

21 minutes ago, YvetteMT said:

@liuzhou how does donkey compare to horse?   I've had horse (and zebra) a number of times and quite enjoy it. I'd go so far to say its certainly in my top 5 of proteins.

Donkey is similar to horse but even more tender. It has that same slightly sweet flavour, too. Both horse and donkey are common meats in parts of China. Not so much where I live, but I can get both.

Donkey is definitely my favourite red meat, though.

How is zebra?

liuzhou

liuzhou

14 minutes ago, YvetteMT said:

@liuzhou how does donkey compare to horse?   I've had horse (and zebra) a number of times and quite enjoy it. I'd go so far to say its certainly in my top 5 of proteins.

Donkey is similar to horse but even more tender. t has that same slightly sweet flavour, too. Both horse and donkey are common meats in parts of China. Not so much where I live, but I can get both.

Donkey is definitely my favourite red meat, though.

How is zebra?