• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

On 5/23/2024 at 7:45 PM, haresfur said:

Beautiful Donabe. The Mishima decoration looks very Korean. Of course the Japanese pottery industry started with "recruiting" Korean potters...

In taking lots pottery classes I had a Japanese instructor.  I married a Korean and one of her friends told me that a back at that time a 'joke' was for one Korean potter to tell another "Quick, wash your hands.  Japanese soldiers are coming.

Beautiful Donabe. The Mishima decoration looks very Korean. Of course the Japanese pottery industry started with "recruiting" Korean potters...

In taking lots pottery classes I had a Japanese instructor.  I married a Korean and one of her friends told me that a back at that time a 'joke' was for one Korean potter to tell another "Quick, wash your hands.  Japanese soldiers are comintg.

In taking lots pottery classes I had a Japanese instructor.  I married a Korean and one of her friends told me that a back at that time a 'joke' was for one potter to tell another one "Quick, wash your hands. Japanese soldiers are coming."