• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Pad Grapow (aka Ka Prao/Krapao/Krapow/Gaprao etc) Chicken from Night + Market  topped with a crispy fried egg. I didn't have any holy basil or regular basil so I used Thai basil. 

CFF7C49A-91BB-4B51-BC66-AF3179E3E99D_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.3b333d6852f965de4e970a30e29faef8.jpeg

This recipe differs from others I've read in relying on Prik Tum, a hot, garlicky paste made by smashing and cooking down chiles and garlic in oil in a larger batch rather than just what's needed for this single recipe. .

You blitz 3 large jalapeños, 3/4 cup Thai bird's eye chilies, 3/4 cup garlic cloves and 1/2 Tbsp salt in a blender or processor then simmer that in a cup of oil for 45 min or so before seasoning with white pepper.  It seems like a Thai version of Hamburger Helper 🙃 as it transformed some ground chicken and green beans into a delicious meal. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Pad Grapow (aka Ka Prao/Krapao/Krapow/Gaprao etc) Chicken from Night + Market  topped with a crispy fried egg. I didn't have any holy basil or regular basil so I used Thai basil. 

CFF7C49A-91BB-4B51-BC66-AF3179E3E99D_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.3b333d6852f965de4e970a30e29faef8.jpeg

This recipe differs from others I've read in relying on Prik Tum, a hot, garlicky paste made by smashing and cooking down chiles and garlic in oil in a larger batch rather than just what's needed for this single recipe. .

You blitz 3 large jalapeños, 3/4 cups Thai bird's eye chilies, 3/4 cups garlic cloves and 1/2 Tbsp salt in a blender or processor then simmer that in a cup of oil for 45 min or so before seasoning with white pepper.  It seems like a Thai version of Hamburger Helper 🙃 as it transformed some ground chicken and green beans into a delicious meal. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

You blitz 3 large jalapeños, 3/4 cups Thai bird's eye chilies, 3/4 cups garlic cloves and 1/2 Tbsp salt, then simmer that in a cup of oil for 45 min or so before seasoning with white pepper.  It seems like a Thai version of Hamburger Helper 🙃 as it transformed some ground chicken and green beans into a delicious meal.