• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Draining chocolate molds right onto silicone mats?

Becky R

Before I ruin a bunch of chocolate... is it OK to skip the parchment paper and just dump the molds right onto silicone?  Sure seems like this would be easier, yet most folks I've been studying have seemed to put the parchment ON a silicone mat to keep it in place.  

18 hours ago, Becky R said:

Before I ruin a bunch of chocolate... is it OK to skip the parchment paper and just dump the molds right onto silicone?  Sure seems like this would be easier, yet most folks I've been studying have seemed to put the parchment ON a silicone mat to keep it in place.  

Funny this should come up - Trader Joe’s has nice silicone baking mats for $5 so I bought a few to see if I could reduce my parchment consumption when I make chocolates. @pastrygirlis right - you do have to wash them as the chocolate leaves a residue.

• Like 2

Patty