• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To add link

Scrooge here.  I really love the idea of celebrating local foods but I despise waiting in lines. I particularly don’t like waiting in lines for food and that seems to be what most food festivals are about. 
The strawberry festival that @heidihlinked to above is in my area and I used to live quite close to their previous location but I’ve never been because the crowds were awful. 
Love the topic, though. I was captivated by @gfron1's recent report of his experience as a judge at the World Champion Squirrel Cook-Off and am happy to vicariously experience any food festivals shared here.  Vicariously may be a key word when it comes to squirrel! 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To add link

Scrooge here.  I really love the idea of celebrating local foods but I despise waiting in lines. I particularly don’t like waiting in lines for food and that seems to be what most food festivals are about. 
The strawberry festival that @heidihlinked to above is in my area and I used to live quite close to their previous location but I’ve never been because the crowds were awful. 
Love the topic, though. I was captivated by @gfron1's recent report of his experience as a judge at the World Champion Squirrel Cook-Off and am happy to vicariously experience any food festivals shared here.  Vicariously may be a key word when it comes to squirrel!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Love the topic, though. I was captivated by @gfron1's recent reports of his experience as a judge at the World Champion Squirrel Cook-Off and am happy to vicariously experience any food festivals shared here.  Vicariously may be a key word when it comes to squirrel!