• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

@C. sapidusthe tacos look fantastic.

I recently watched on a cooking show where the chef made a taco by  first spreading some fairy mushed refried beans on a flour tortilla but not all the way to the edges.  Then he layered a hard shell taco on top and dressed it well with shredded greens, creama and cheese.  To eat he just wrapped the flour tortilla around the hard shell.  Lots of nice crunch and relatively easy to eat.  I am assembling the ingredients for tomorrow’s first try at making them.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

@C. sapidusthe tacos look fantastic.

I recently watched on a cooking show where the chef made a taco by  first spreading some fairy mushed refried beans on a flour tortilla but not all the way to the edges.  Then he layer a hard shell taco on top and dressed it well with shredded greens, creama and cheese.  To eat he just wrapped the flour tortilla around the hard shell.  Lots of nice crunch and relatively easy to eat.  I am assembling the ingredients for tomorrow’s first try at making them.