• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

3 different meals.

Steamed flounder with salted black beans. The fish rests on a bed of ginger root.
fNOIL9x.jpg

LBs6xnz.jpg

You are going to see these elegant white spears in one form or another for the next 6 week or so. Today they are shaved and eaten raw. Crunchy, juicy and refreshing.
hSG9b0P.jpg

Smoked herring ("bloater"? Shall ask the fishmonger if it's hot or cold-smoked. I'm under the impression that it's hot-smoked.) with its roe sac exposed. It's the best time right now to eat herring and shrimp as they are usually full of roe.
5Q27n1G.jpg

2 types of rye bread
8omuCdw.jpg

BuI09Ml.jpg

Last one...

A Chinese supermarket in the big city near me had renovated their shop. Now there's a fish counter, fresh meats and roasted meats (char siu, ducks and pork bellies).
ScVZeKy.jpg

@KennethT, I used to be able to get cheap Furmint. Hungarian wines are not popular here. Would love to go back!

FQ3ryr8.jpg

BcIOu9a.jpg

JGlufs4.jpg

22 hours ago, heidih said:

Is that regular chorizo mixed with a ton of herbs or?

I forgot to try them. Next time if I see them again. Fresh green and red chorizo at the market in Morelia.

b1fKFMt.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

3 different meals.

Steamed flounder with salted black beans. The fish rests on a bed of ginger root.
fNOIL9x.jpg

LBs6xnz.jpg

You are going to see these elegant white spears in one form or another for the next 6 week or so. Today they are shaved and eaten raw. Crunchy, juicy and refreshing.
hSG9b0P.jpg

Smoked herring ("bloater"? Shall ask the fishmonger if it's hot or cold-smoked. I'm under the impression that it's hot-smoked.) with its roe sac exposed. It's the best time right now to eat herring and shrimp as they are usually full of roe.
5Q27n1G.jpg

2 types of rye bread
8omuCdw.jpg

BuI09Ml.jpg

Last one...

A Chinese supermarket in the big city near me had renovated their shop. Now there's a fish counter, fresh meats and roasted meats (char siu, ducks and pork bellies).
ScVZeKy.jpg

@KennethT, I used to be able to get cheap Furmint. Hungarian wines are not popular here. Would love to go back!

FQ3ryr8.jpg

BcIOu9a.jpg

JGlufs4.jpg