• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Senior Sea Kayaker

Senior Sea Kayaker

On 9/26/2023 at 9:04 AM, Smithy said:

"Western" what? Do you have a standard "western" sandwich, or were you making an omelette and decided to sandwich it? Looks good, at any rate, but I'm curious about the abbreviated term.

This is a pretty common item, either as an omelet or as a sandwich, consisting of eggs, ham, usually green peppers and onions and sometimes cheese. At least in central and eastern Canada. I think it's also called a Denver omelet.

Senior Sea Kayaker

Senior Sea Kayaker

2 minutes ago, Smithy said:

"Western" what? Do you have a standard "western" sandwich, or were you making an omelette and decided to sandwich it? Looks good, at any rate, but I'm curious about the abbreviated term.

This is a pretty common item, either as an omelet or as a sandwich, consisting of eggs, ham, usually green peppers and onions and sometimes cheese. At least in central and eastern Canada. I think it also called a Denver omelet.